SR. DIRECTOR PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT Job
Date: Oct 11, 2013
Location: INDEPENDENCE, OH, US
HR Use Only:
Hospital: Cleveland Clinic Main Campus & Family Health Centers
Facility: INDEPENDENCE WEST CREEK MCO
Department: MANAGED CARE
Job Code: T99066
Pay Grade: 22
Schedule: Full Time
Hours: 8AM - 5PM
Job Details: - Bachelors Degree Required
JOB SUMMARY: Under the direction of Executive Director, this executive will identify, develop and launch innovative products, services, and go-to-market strategies for the health plan, employer, individual and health exchange markets.
The role monitors marketplace evolution and assures that relevant and financially viable products are developed. Key business processes within the domain include product innovation and development, market research, financial analysis and implementation planning.
- Develop new product and service innovations for the employer, insurer, individual and emerging health exchange market.
- Develop new products built around the Cleveland Clinic Quality Alliance and Cleveland Clinic National Network in both Northeast Ohio and nationally.
- Develop and oversee the execution of three year product strategy and execution roadmap in collaboration with key stakeholders including Cleveland Clinic Clinical Institutes.
- Create and demonstrate leadership and direction for product developments strategy for Cleveland Clinic.
- Create new product approaches for the emerging healthcare exchange.
- Identify new and emerging product opportunities for the exchange market.
- Identify strategies to proactively address anticipated and actual market challenges. Assure that the opportunities across all markets and venues are appropriately addressed in the execution of product strategy.
- Become an expert on related products in the marketplace, monitoring market trends and technology developments and competitors in related spaces.
- Utilize data analytics to guide product roadmap also incorporating feedback from sales, marketing research and development.
- Facilitate effective partnerships among staff in Product, Actuarial, Sales and related areas to assure alignment of the feasibility, business goals, and expected performance for new products.
- Understand policy and payment innovations required to support new product innovation.
- Develop and evaluate government-related policies and innovative payment approaches to participate in government-sponsored programs.
- Oversee activities to understand the evolving market; including monitoring competitor actions, consumer behavior and purchaser needs. Support the MNS Contracting, Pricing and Risk Analytics teams by developing marketing, communication and sales tactics to meet their goals. Provide consistent communication on progress and results of those efforts.
- Develop and manage a product development process to identify innovative tactics, corresponding business plans and sustainable operations to drive revenue and volume growth through purchasers and meet the market's needs. Measure the effectiveness of current efforts and provide recommendations of strategies to change or exit based on the evolving market needs and enterprise goals.
- Particular focus on leveraging existing local, regional and national network assets (QA, National Network, CHN) as well as new payment tools (episodes, shared savings) to develop a balanced approach with Employers, Payers and other hospitals/health systems to meet volume and revenue goals. Work collaboratively across the enterprise to support the growth of activities in these areas.
- Ensure operational success of the tactics launched. Manage the business review process and appropriate staff to meet the tactic objectives and ensure enterprise-wide visibility into performance. Oversee hiring process including evaluating performance of assigned staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree required with strong preference given to an advanced degree. This individual should be highly entrepreneurial with a history of leading new program launches and a successful personal track record. This individual should have a highly collaborative approach and ensure appropriate buy-in from a large number of key stakeholders. This individual should be a highly effective communicator and open to learning from others and rethinking current efforts.
Minimum 10 years of experience in any of the following is required: product development, product management, provider network development, sales and marketing. Minimum of 5 years in an entrepreneurial or new product development capacity. Experience in health care (Employer benefits preferred). Excellent problem solving, and communications skills; solid business instincts. Significant experience in business planning, new product development and strategy are desirable in this role. Proven leadership skills and the ability to take ownership for results. Demonstrated ability to lead projects as well as ability to work independently.
Demonstrated ability to work effectively with multi-disciplinary teams and maintain a high degree of confidentiality. Diverse capabilities represented by successful experiences in managing new product launches is preferred.
Executive experience in the employer insurance sector, including working with small employers, health plans, brokers and consultants and other health insurance stakeholders.
Experience with the design and implementation of plan designs and product selection for the employer insurance market .
Deep understanding of the policy issues related associated with the health care insurance market both commercial and government.
Formal product development, sales, and/or account management training desirable by an established and well reputed health care organization with preference to health insurance or benefits consulting. Experience with health plan network development design and management is also desired.
Nearest Major Market: Cleveland
Job Segments: Product Development, Manager, Consulting, Research, Actuarial, Management, Technology, Insurance