Nurse Practitioner -Family - PRN Job
Date: May 4, 2013
Location: LORAIN, OH, US
HR Use Only: Nurse Practitioner -Family - PRN
Hospital: Cleveland Clinic Main Campus & Family Health Centers
Facility: LORAIN FAMILY HEALTH AND SURGERY CENTER
Department: LORAIN ADMINISTRATION
Job Code: F29009
Pay Grade: 16
Job Details: - Masters Degree Required
- Advanced Practice RN (APRN)
The Lorain Institute (Lorain/ Avon) at Cleveland Clinic currently has a PRN position for qualified Nurse Practitioner in Family Medicine with adult emphasis. The successful applicant will work in the outpatient clinic. Express Clinic may be required. This position does not involve call. The successful applicant may be required to work an occasional Saturday depending on operational need. New graduates are welcome to apply.
Nationally certified licensed healthcare provider who provides primary and/or specialty nursing and/or medical care in a variety of healthcare settings. Functions in collaboration with a physician according to a standard care arrangement and specialty certification. Practice emphasizes health promotion, disease prevention and the diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic health problems. Certifications may include: acute care, adult, family, gerontology, psych and mental health, neonatology,pediatrics and women's health.
* Obtains patient history and performs assessment via observation, interview and examination.
* Orders,performs and interprets diagnostic studies.
* Performs preventative health assessments, screening,immunizations and care.
* Provides direct treatment and management of health conditions via prescriptive authority or referral to other heal Develops and implements plan of care in collaboration with the physician, patient and significant others.
* Manages health conditions via prescriptive authority or referral to other healthcare providers or community resources.
* May perform diagnostic or therapeutic interventions consistent with certification, law and Cleveland Clinic privileges.
* Provides counseling and education of patients and their families/caregivers concerning preventative health,treatment options and community resources.
* Provides care in the context of promoting age and culture-appropriate informed choices, shared decision-making and the right to self-determination.
* Other duties as assigned.
Master's Degree in Nursing. Doctoral Degree preferred.
Two years of current clinical experience in clinical nursing.
Licensed as RN in State of Ohio, national certification as nurse practitioner, current certificate of authority by Ohio Board of Nursing, certificate to prescribe preferred.BLS Healthcare Provider.
To view a video message with additional insight regarding APN opportunities at the Cleveland Clinic from the Senior Director of Advanced Practice Nursing click the “Apply now” icon.
Category: RN/LPN/APN/Ambulatory/Other Nursing
Nearest Major Market: Cleveland
Nearest Secondary Market: Akron
Job Segments: Physician, Nursing, Nurse Practitioner, Counseling, Pediatric, Healthcare